At the boys' first benefit event last week, it was clear that times are changing, a new generation of energetic young people are getting involved in the Salem GLBT community, taking charge and giving back at the same time. The Saints have created a "family". A family that provides support, friendship and an outlet for young people to have meaning for what they do and a purpose to get involved in the community besides going out and partying on the weekends.
I encourage the Salem community to get behind the Saints and show them that they have our full support. Come to the games, be their cheerleaders and support them in showing the ENTIRE Salem community that gay guys can do more than dress up in drag and put on parades.
Benefit Garage Sale:
- Sat., April 11th, 7:30am-3:00pm
- 245 Idlywood Dr., Salem
- Books, furniture, clothes, household items, baby stuff, etc.
- Benefits the team uniforms & equipment
- Thurs., April 16th,
- 6:10pm vs. Journey
- 7:20pm vs. Westside Station
- @ Wallace Marine Park, 200 Glen Creek Rd. NW